- Understand common medical terminology related to the Respiratory system
- Distinguish between the conducting and respiratory zone structures of the respiratory tract.
- Describe the two main types of epithelium within the respiratory tract and how their structure relates to function.
- Describe the gross anatomy of the lungs.
- Relate Boyle’s law to the events of inspiration and expiration.
- Explain the relative roles of the respiratory muscles and lung elasticity in producing volume changes that cause air to flow into and out of the lungs.
- Describe the transport of both carbon dioxide and oxygen in the blood.
- Videos supplemented by emphasis questions and a minimum 10 question exam at the end of the module.
- After each video there will be a minimum of one emphasis questions (see below for questions and answers).
- 10 question exam at the end of the course. Locked in. If the student does not acquire 100% on the exam, they will need to redo the exam. Minimum 30 question exam bank required.
ACP Credits: 5
All other material in this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If you would like to use this material, please provide attribution as follows: Holfeld, M. (2016). https://www.ceces.ca/courses/resp-intro/. Continuing Education Centre for Emergency Services.